How do I upload my presentation to the Glasgow Online website?
Dear all Glasgow IATEFL Presenters,
We wanted to provide some instructions to help you create a unique session page where you can host your presentation and interact with others on the material you make available.
Please find some steps below and let us know if you're having any problems.
Glasgow Online Team
First - if you are a presenter at the IATEFL Glasgow Conference, to upload your presentation to the Glasgow Online website, you'll need to request a 'presenter account'.
To register and create your account, click the 'What's Next -Register for Glasgow Online. Create an account.' button to the right of the main image on the home page.
Make sure when you register - you tick the box to request a 'Presenter Account'.
Once your Presenter Account has been approved, on the front page the 'What's Next' button will say: 'GLASGOW IATEFL PRESENTERS upload presentation material to Glasgow Online'
Click this button - this will take you through the process of uploading your materials.
Creating your own session page and uploading your session to the Glasgow Online website
Here are some instructions on how to upload your materials to the website:
(1) Go to the home page of this website:
(2) To the right of the main image at the top of the page, click on:
‘What’s next GLASGOW IATEFL PRESENTERS upload presentation material to Glasgow Online'
This takes you to the ‘User account’ page
[Note: If you registered for Brighton Online last year, you can use the same login details. If you have forgotten your login details you can request them to be sent to your email.]
(3) Type your name in the user name box and type in your email address
(4) In the area below ‘apply for a role’, click ‘presenter’.
Then ‘create new account’
[Note: Even if you registered for Brighton Online you will need to request a presenter account again for Glasgow Online. You may see a prompt at the top-left of the page asking you if you need a presenter account. Click that link to create an account.]
(5) The Glasgow Online team will then verify your presenter registration request.
Once we have approved your account request, you will receive an email confirming that your presenter account is active.
Once your presenter account has been approved, next time you login, you will see a new text on the 'What's Next' button on the front page of the Glasgow Online website saying: 'What's Next - Glasgow IATEFL Presenters - upload presentation material to Glasgow Online'
Click this text. You will now be on the session upload page.
[As a shortcut, use this link http://iatefl.britishcouncil.org/2012/node/add/session]
(6) Enter details of your session. Further instructions are provided on the upload page to help you with this process. Please make sure you go through all the tabs (Session details, When and Where and Associated Documents)
*Please note (i):
- if two people are co-presenting this session, you can add more than one name (all session presenters should be registered on the site first)
- you can come back to this page and edit your session information at any time
- there is a maximum file size (20MB) for each file you upload
- if you need to check the abstract for your presentation, please refer to the Conference Programme
*Please note (ii): If you have any problems with uploading documents or any other information to the Glasgow Online website, please use the ‘contact us’ form on the Glasgow Online website.
Note that if you have several attachments, the upload process can take some time. Please don’t close your browser window until the screen refreshes and you see the message: Session XYZ has been created
We very much hope that you’ll be able to upload your session materials before coming to Glasgow.
The IATEFL Conference Committee and Glasgow Online Team